Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thinking Spring

You’ll see I changed my blog background – I’m in a springy kind of mood. I guess feeling the warmth of the sun last weekend put me over the edge and I don’t think I can take one more moment of cold weather. Which is a real shame since it dadgum freezing right now and the wind is whipping up a storm. It’s so windy there’s a wind advisory. It’s so windy our swing was knocked over as well as our very, very full trash bin. There are, right now, three bags of our trash strewn over the driveway. I’m anxious to see how dedicated our trash men are; will they pick up the trash can and the bags or just empty the stuff in the bin and leave the bags? How’s that for excitement? My life is so full.

Rebecca and I have been working very hard today cleaning her room. Anyone who knows her knows she’s never met a scrap of anything that doesn’t hold some sort of sentimental attachment that must be saved FOREVER. So the fact that I am on my way to Goodwill with seven shopping bags full of stuff from her room is near-miraculous.

I’ve vacuumed and dusted her room but it seems there were several layers of dust; I’ll have to re-vacuum and re-dust several more times to actually see a difference. Stuffed animals are little dust-collecting machines. They look all sweet and innocent sitting in the corner of her room but what they're really doing is storing up massive amounts of dust just waiting for the day I decide to clean at which point they unleash a salvo of dust in an attempt to deter me from my mission. But today I prevailed and can actually see her floor. Victory!

I need to get out more.

6 comments:

  1. So, can I hire you to do this with Sam? The other two I can work with... Him? Not so much... His room is hitting the scary point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to work with Sam on his room! Surely we could make it some kind of game... it has to be easier to work with the Aunt than the Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, memories! Your post brought back bittersweet memories of years gone by...when I had to have the hubby take the daughter far, far away while I cleaned out her room. She comes by her pack rat tendencies honestly (from her dad) but My.Word! I always threw out a large garbage bag or two, and had a pile of stuff for Goodwill as well.

    Let you in on a little secret. Since I didn't really want to send my baby girl off to military school to learn how to keep her room neat, I did the next best thing -- sent her off to Word of Life Bible Institute! LOL

    Seriously, they are TOUGH on room cleanliness and the girl came back a neatnik. Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can put the animals in the dryer on low - or even no - heat for just a few minutes, and it'll pull the dust right out of them! 8~) I'm also a stuffed animal addict. Lost most of mine in Hurricane Hugo and am still getting more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:16 AM

    I second NftP's dryer comments. I'll add a damp washcloth -- just to be sure -- and a dryer sheet to freshen 'em up and hopefully cut the static so they're less dusty next time I think to do that.

    And on the redesign, I love how the overlapping flowers stay in place when you scroll down. That's just cool!

    /tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. NftP and /tina - so glad I didn't know your dryer trick because I'd have been tempted to keep more of the animals!

    /tina, glad you like the overlapping flowers. I was a little concerned they might have made the reading difficult but so far so good.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!