Monday, April 06, 2009

You have got to be kidding me

Here's a little quiz for this Monday morning. When was this picture, a view from my front door, taken?

A) In November
B) In December
C) In January
D) April 6, 2009



And the correct answer is: D!

I was trying to make this all fun and happy but quite honestly I am dismayed. Perplexed. Troubled. I realize this is Michigan and we can expect snow through, oh, June, but we've felt the warmth signaling spring is on the way. We saw the sun. Flowers poked their new little heads out of the ground. I was lulled into the false hope that we were done with winter.

Normally a patient girl, today I am channeling Veruca Salt from Willie Wonka: "I want spring and I want it now!"

8 comments:

  1. Chef Cookaloni8:50 AM

    The white stuff made for a fun first day's drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you when I saw it and wondered if you were late on your first day? Hope not - and I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the winter wonderland..do I not remember a post of yours praising the beauty of the postcard like snow? In December, we love it....in April, not so much. :)
    Traci Hall

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty in December, okay in January, tolerable in February. By March I'm done and in April I am So. Over. It.

    Hope your boys enjoy the game tonight - Michael's staying up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It won't last. I am sure it will be done by June. One year it snowed on top of my tulips and daffodils. It'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl, sorry for your dismay but that is MICHIGAN after all! teehee

    I remember a particularly bad ice storm on April 15 one year that knocked down the power line by our house and left us without power for a WEEK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:15 AM

    There are snow flurries outside my window right now! My kids are loving it. I expect it to last for another ten minutes and I am looking forward to 75degrees on Thursday!

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!