Monday, October 19, 2009

New week, ready or not

Good news! The ironing is done. Well, mostly. I did a few more loads of laundry this weekend which added several more shirts but the majority of the ironing is, in fact, finished.

I received several emails from folks who were amazed I had so many shirts to iron. People, so am I! My sister called and wanted to know how many shirts Sean owns. Too many to count. Of course, I’d have that many shirts, too, if my shirt size hadn’t changed since 1988. That’s 21 years ago, a year before Sean hired on full-time with GM. Think about it this way: if he started his career with ten shirts and added two each year since, that’s an extra 42 shirts for a grand total of 52 shirts. (How 'bout that math?!) He only wears classic button downs in greys, blues and whites so they never go out of style and he never wears them out so we have shirts he's had since high school. I haven’t actually counted because really, why would I? But now I’m curious… not that curious. Suffice it to say he had enough shirts that he wasn’t hurting for something to wear even with my backlog of ironing.

In other fascinating home news we repainted the school room Sunday afternoon. It was completely unplanned which is the best way to get home projects done – there’s no time to worry or get all worked up over the impending chore. I bought new containers from Ikea (who doesn’t adore that store? So wish one was closer to Lansing) to put our dry erase markers in but wanted to paint the room before hanging something else on the wall. I honestly don’t know how it happened but in a span of two minutes we’d decided to paint the room and Sean was moving desks and chairs and laying down drop cloths. We knocked it out in three hours. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon. And Sean and Michael hung up my new dry erase marker buckets.

It’s amazing what a fresh coat of paint does for a room. And I’m amazed how two little buckets from Ikea hanging on the wall makes the prospect of writing on the white board exciting. It’s the little things, I suppose.


2 comments:

  1. Any type of organizational item sends me over the moon. Forget flowers and candy, Ivan knows the way to my heart is through organization :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm beginning to agree with you. I am sick and tired of feeling like my house is a cluttered mess. I'm trying to get more organized. It's not how my brain naturally works so any tips you want to send my way will be greatly appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!