Monday, December 28, 2009

It’s the in-between time

So Christmas is over but I’m still in vacation mode. That’s not entirely true; I’ve been planning thinking about planning our school work but so far I’ve just freaked out over the logic material and found myself channeling Scarlett O’Hara: “I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow.”

One bit of school that I am excited about is the new Dave Ramsey personal finance course for high schoolers. Both Michael and Amy will take it and while they aren’t thrilled to have another something put on their assignment pad I think they’ll come to enjoy it. How can you listen to Dave Ramsey and not smile? Well, I guess if you’re a credit card executive you wouldn’t.

We’re still in Atlanta, visiting both my family and Sean’s. Today it’s an all-day affair with my sister, her family and my parents. Much is planned, including bowling and lunch at The Varsity. I do love a chili dog from the Varsity, but my stomach can only handle it once a year. That’s a lot of grease. But oh, boy, is it ever good grease that one time a year.

Enjoying family is not the only benefit of visiting Georgia in December; warmer weather is also a plus. It’s not hot by any stretch of the imagination, but temps in the 50’s feel a lot warmer than the 20’s we left in Michigan. I went to church yesterday without a coat! Of course, my mom wore her nice dress winter coat with scarf; perspective is an interesting thing.

I’m looking forward to enjoying a few more coat-free days before heading back north. We still have several relatives to see, including my cousin Dawn, who is a riot. I can’t remember the last time I saw her… Her side of the family hosted our grandmother in North Carolina for Christmas so they’ll stop by for lunch on Tuesday on their way to drop her off at her house. Sean’s aunt is flying in from Pittsburgh later that day and we’ll enjoy seeing her as well. Plus, Sean’s sister and her children will come on Tuesday so it will be a great celebration. All told we’ll have visited with 17 relatives on this trip. Seventeen relatives and no fights! Well, none thus far. I’ll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are having a great trip! We are enjoying our GA relatives up here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry we missed you at church! Trying to keep kranky boys from sharing germs with others, as well as picking up anything extra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chef Cookaloni7:35 PM

    The Ramsey course is a great idea. Just think of the money you'll be able to save when they can appreciate a beans and rice, rice and beans diet.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!