Monday, January 18, 2010

So what'd you do for six hours yesterday?

It was quite the birthday. Sean had an omelet for breakfast then spent six hours at the Detroit auto show with Rebecca and Michael. Amy and I joined them for the last hour or so, which gave us a good sense of the show but didn't drive us nuts. Definitely a good plan we'll employ next year.

Michael and Sean are already looking forward to next January. For Michael the letdown from the auto show being over is almost worse than the few days after Christmas. He is a true car lover. And, as Sean’s Dad always says, it’s cars or women, and right now I’m definitely fine with Michael choosing cars. Sean, too, for that matter.

Here are a few shots from the day:


Rebecca, Michael and Amy in front of a new Honda CRZ.

In front of the Ferrari California , one of my Dad's favorites.

These models were standing by the Fiats. Rebecca was very upset because she couldn't get a picture of the cars without the girls trying to get in the shot. I was very upset because someone should have told those girls that it is perfectly okay to go up a size.

The best we could do...

Michael by the new GMC Granite. Notice the suicide doors. Pretty snazzy.

Michael and his dream car, a Corvette ZR 1 .

Rebecca and a new Chevy Aveo RS.

My happy car show family at the Chevy display.

8 comments:

  1. Chef Cookaloni11:15 AM

    I’m no fashionista but as a general rule I thought the model’s clothes fit very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos. No evidence that you were there, though. How'd we miss getting you in one?

    Thanks for an awesome birthday weekend. Getting old's not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chef - of course you did.

    Sean - are you kidding? The evidence I was there is that there are people in the car pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed all the photos of cool cars and even cooler kids (I'm counting Sean as a kid in this case) :-)

    We have boxes of similar photos only instead of cars, it's airplanes because for Ivan it's air shows. Every guy has something they're passionate about and could spend hours with. Much better it be inanimate objects than women :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha - Christy, I love your comment above. Of course - there are PEOPLE in the photos!!!

    Happy birthday, Sean!

    See you guys Friday, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos of fun cars and absolutely wonderful kids!!! (including Sean of course!!!) However, I agree with Sean....how could you not possibly find a Porsche with male models in a size too small by which YOU could stand!!???
    Love this Duffy tradition! And those who support it! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww--your family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you guys had a good time :)

    I'll never forget my shock when Michael told me years ago, "The Detroit Auto Show is way better than Disney world." Only then did I truly understand his passion. ha

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!