Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Moving right along

The test drive went well. We all went to see the car; it was like all the other times we’ve gone to car shows together. Except this one was a one-car show. My kind of show.

The current owner loves the car. He is not interested in selling his little two seater; his very pregnant wife, however, wants the car gone yesterday.

Sean and Michael poured over the Fiero. The owner had a file folder full of receipts documenting all the service he’s had done on the car. He only wants to sell it to someone who will love it like he does; he told one guy he wouldn’t sell it to him because the potential purchaser said he only wanted to run around town in it. I wanted to ask why, exactly, that was bad but I held my tongue. I felt like we needed reference letters to convince him Michael would care for the car.

But when Michael sat in it and his face lit up like a Christmas tree, the need to convince the guy of Michael’s intentions went out the window.

We’re going to take it to a mechanic to have him give it a once over. If everything checks out, I think we’ve found Michael’s first car.

Now someone needs to get a job…

7 comments:

  1. Chef Cookaloni9:42 AM

    Will you let him drive to Grand Blanc to babysit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Again, I am so glad you are three years ahead of me in this journey! I guess you won't have to worry about him packing the car too full of kids!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chef - for your girls, of course!

    Traci - You're right; he can't put a bunch of kids in there. But he also can't put his sisters in there, either, so if I need him to take them somewhere he'll be taking MY car! I've mentioned this to Sean many, many times but it, apparently, is not a big deal. To him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what the current vernacular is, but that is one "sweet ride" :-)

    Had to laugh about feeling you needed reference letters to buy it. Getting a used-but-in-good-condition car is no small feat! Congrats to Michael :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed that my oldest is 6 already and it is scary to think how fast those years have gone by and how quickly I will be in your shoes! I do not envy you!
    My oldest brothers first car was a T-top and he thought it was the coolest thing until it caught on fire! :) Sorry that probably isn't helping you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim - I think "sweet ride" is definitely appropriate!

    Meg - Those six years you have until you're looking at a third car will fly by. Take lots of pictures! Oh, and Michael asked me to tell you to keep the "car catching on fire" kind of comment to yourself! :-) (Was it a Fiero?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shoot! That's a cool car.
    Its safe to say that I'm a little jealous now. I'll be driving my parents' car for a while - the safer option (as we've discussed). Driving is still... yea. =]

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!