Friday, July 16, 2010

Family Reunion Friday

A good time was had by all at the family reunion.  We visited, swam, talked, sang karaoke by firelight - it was a wonderful visit.  I, unfortunately, came back with a serious sunburn on the tops of my legs.  I remembered to put sunscreen everywhere except the between my hip and knee.  Ouch is about all I can say right now...

In honor of the fun memories, here's a set of water bloopers.  Several of the tubing ones could have been us:



This video is a helpful little primer on how to tell who's a first, second and third cousin.  But the bottom line is we're all related:



There's one in every family:

epic fail pictures
see more Epic Fails

(I'd actually call that a "Win" for the mom and dad.  Major on the majors, people!)

We're off to Kenya tomorrow (no funny business, folks - we have a house sitter).  I don't know how often I'll have internet access but please know I'll check in when I can.  I'm lining up some best of's so I don't leave you completely high and dry, and, more importantly, so you don't forget about me!

Have a wonderful weekend and an excellent next two weeks!

4 comments:

  1. I'd call that family photo a "win" too!

    Have a WONDERFUL time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NftP - you were one of the first people to really encourage me to go to Kenya - thanks for your support. I needed that nudge nine months ago and your well-wishes now are greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good time. Hope your sunburn heals quickly. Have so much fun in Kenya, I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I love those photos, too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!