Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Randomness from Writer's Block

My friend Peggy emailed to say she hoped my writer's block didn't turn into a neighborhood. Pretty stinkin' clever.  Wish I'd thought of it.

It was a big day around here yesterday - Rebecca got her braces!  She handled it like a champ; I, on the other hand, nearly had a meltdown as I wrote the check. I had to remind myself, "She's the last one, she's the last one..."

I told her she was now a Four-Eyed Metal-Mouth, which she thought was hysterical.  Man, I love that kid.

We've been having some unbelievably gorgeous weather.  It actually felt hot yesterday!  I need to burn these days into my memory so I have something to think about when I'm freezing to death in February.

Someone's stuck a broccoli floret in a cupcake. I'm surprised my mom didn't think of that years ago.

Sean borrowed his boss's Cadillac this weekend.  It's a V-series which, according to Michael, means it's awesome.  It turned Mr. Speed Limit into Mr. What? There's a Speed Limit?  It is awfully fast.  My whiplash is almost gone.

Of course, what I mean is, Sean took great care of your car, Jeff.

I heard Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar on Me on XM's 80's channel last night.  It made me think of Nancy, my friend in Nairobi.  We 80's-music-loving girls have to stick together, especially since our husbands don't get it.

I have to be more careful when I tell Sean he's on fire.  Alone in our home: okay,  At the junior varsity volleyball game: not so much.  Even though I really was referring to the temperature of his skin it didn't exactly sound, well, appropriate.  The varsity players who heard me got a kick out of it, though.

For the record, he's both kinds of hot.

I will be getting a phone call...

3 comments:

  1. lol... I am liking this kind of writers' block, for the record. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca is the cutest Four-Eyed Metal-Mouth kid I've seen! Tell her "congrats" for me. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth Joy - glad I can brighten your day despite my mental block. Looking forward to seeing you Friday!

    Christine - she smiled the biggest, metal-mouth smile when she read your comment. Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!