Monday, January 03, 2011

Got resolutions?

Christmas is over and New Year's celebrations are finished so that means it is resolution time!  I am happy, nay, proud to say I kept both of my resolutions from last year.  Well, I kept one better than the other, but still, that’s better than I’ve ever done before.  Resolution one – to read more – was kept, but barely.  I got in several books last year; there’s room for improvement on that one, though.  Resolution two, however, was a massive success.  Accessorizing was loads of fun and was a resolution I was willing and happy to keep all year.  Definitely plan to keep it up for 2011.

I’ve never been much for resolutions, but my success with last year’s have spurred me on to make a few more.  So resolution #1 for 2011 is: Just Say No.  My children may not believe this, but I am the queen of “Yes.”  Need me to bake cookies for the nursery workers?  Yes!  Need me to cook a meal for someone?  Yes!  Need me to teach the meaning of commitment to certain children and their parents?  I’d definitely say yes to that if someone would just ask me. 

But I digress…

I said, “Yes,” a few too many times last year and I need to learn the “no” word for 2011.  Don’t get me wrong; I love all that I’m doing, but I’m afraid I’m not doing anything all that well.  So if you ask me to work on a committee or go on a field trip, please don’t be offended if I say no.  Good night, even as I type that I’m not sure it’s a good idea.  Well, it’s a good idea; I’m just not sure I can do it.  Ugh.

On to resolution #2: Clean my bathroom more.  I don’t ever remember the bathrooms at my mother’s house looking as gross as mine does. I am just not a fan of scrubbing the tub or shower stall.  And don’t even get me started on mopping the floor.  (To my guests: please be assured I regularly clean the hall bath.)  I’d much rather read or mess with iTunes or do pretty much anything else instead of cleaning my bathroom.  I must admit this is the one place where being legally blind is an advantage: neither Sean nor I can see how gross the shower is. 

Gag.  Just writing that was all the inspiration I needed…

So, just say no and clean the bathroom.  I can do this.  I think I can, I think I can.  Maybe if I pair a resolution from last year with one of this year’s it will be easier:



Well, it may not be easier but I am going to look fabulous in my rubber gloves and rings.


4 comments:

  1. Just say no 'cause you've gotta clean the bathroom! :)

    Certain comments in here made me laugh. You know it.

    Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EJ - I definitely thought of you while writing it. Glad you laughed!

    I like your answer on why I have to say no; going to use it!

    Happy New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA HA! Love that pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the accessorizing. Perhaps that'd get me to clean mine more...if I jazzed the whole process up a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!