Monday, May 09, 2011

Post-Mother’s Day Random Thoughts

We saw HPA’s production of Annie Get Your Gun on Saturday night.  The leads, Annie Oakley and Frank Butler, as well as the entire cast, are amazing. Ah. Maze. Ing.  It was totally worth the drive to Kalamazoo. Even more amazing: I found another musical I like. I think I’m up to five.

Musicals I like: Wicked, Seussical the Musical, Titanic, Annie Get Your Gun.  Make that four.

Wicked is coming back to East Lansing next summer. Y’all, start saving now!

West Side Story is also coming.  Sean wants to go, but I’m having a hard time getting excited about watching gang members dance around, singing about how they’re going to attack each other.

I know my musical-loving friends are going to jump all over that one…

We spent the morning of Mother’s Day working in the nursery at church. I got to hold Aly again. And she spit up on me again.

Bonus – she also spit up on Michael.

Michael will not be holding any babies anytime soon.

Mother’s Day afternoon was spent watching The King’s Speech. Fabulous even the second time and the kids loved it.

We rounded out Mother’s Day with a Sunday afternoon drive in a Chevy Avalanche Sean borrowed for the weekend. Because really, what Mom doesn't want to drive around town in a gigantic fire-engine red Chevy on Mother's Day? 



(We rode in the cab, FYI.)


4 comments:

  1. Too funny! Glad you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laugh out loud funny girl! I definitely want to go see Wicked next summer. I wonder if I can talk Dave into that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... gang members singing and dancing about attacking each other. :) Have you ever seen it? It's so sad, but the music is incredible. AH! Haha... glad you loved the show Saturday, it was fun to look behind me and see you all enjoying yourselves. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious about Michael and the baby! I want to see Seussical but I don't even know what it's about. Happy Momma Day!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!