Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Let's play a game!

Here’s a little game I like to play, called, Guess Which City This Weather Forecast is For!

Here’s City #1:



If you guessed Atlanta, Georgia, you’re a winner!

Here’s City #2:




Hmm, looks a lot like Atlanta’s forecast. Must be somewhere in the South, right? WRONG! It’s Lansing, Michigan!

People, this is just so stinkin’ wrong. We have to put up with cold and snow; we shouldn’t have to put up with this unbelievable heat, too!

I’ve had so many people say, “Is this what Atlanta feels like?” Yes. All dadgum summer long. We turned our A/C on in April and left it on until the end of September. I never became acclimated to the heat. I lived in the South all my life – never got used to it. When we moved I missed a lot of things about Atlanta (Chick-fil-A, anyone?), but the heat was not one of them.

My friend Rebecca mentioned that heat doesn’t have to be shoveled. She is correct. But heat is just so dang, well, hot. At least in the cold you can put on more clothes. In the summer, there are only so many clothes you can take off before getting arrested. (Have no fear; I stop way before that point.)

Michigan’s summers can be so lovely. I am sincerely hoping for a return to more moderate temperatures very, very soon. Because winter will be here before you know it.


HT: Traci Hall



1 comment:

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!