Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Random Thoughts


The kids auditioned for Homeschool Performing Arts again and the cast lists came out this morning. Since it’s Michael’s last year, I am beyond thrilled that all three will be in Oz together! Amy will also be in Anne of Green Gables.

Sean’s going to work with the orchestra again and I’ll be helping, too. Yay for family time in the theater!

How in the world did I get so excited to work with musicals?

We knew the cast lists would come out today, but not when. So when I woke up at 5:20 am I thought I’d check my phone just in case. The email was there! And I’ve been up ever since. 

I will need a nap.

This is Amy’s last week of driver’s ed. So far my experience in her passenger’s seat has been wildly different than it was in Michael’s. I’m constantly telling her to give it some gas to get to the speed limit. That was not an issue for Michael.  At all.

I’ve realized I’m a terrible judge of how fast a car is going.  Twenty five mph feels like 55 mph when I’m the passenger of a new driver.

Rebecca spent the weekend in Boston with my Mom and Hurricane Irene. Rebecca was thrilled because none of us has been in a hurricane before and she likes being able to say she’s done something we haven’t.

It must be hard to be the third kid.

One thing Mom thought Rebecca should experience is fresh lobster. The poor kid couldn't eat it because it, “came with legs!”

I wonder if she understands where the chicken in our chicken casserole comes from…

I’m not telling her.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mrs. Duffy!

    I'm pretty excited that Lydia, Grant and I are all in the same show for my senior year! I'm also thrilled to be in Anne! We have a fun little cast for it, don't we?

    Has Amy enjoyed driver's ed? I enjoyed it, but Dad always is still telling me to go faster!

    Haley Fedewa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Rebecca's reaction to lobster (one of my favorite foods, by the way). When my daughter was very little, she didn't like to see me eat it because it had eyes and was "looking" at her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll eat Rebecca's lobster any time. :) It's going to be a fun year!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!