Monday, August 22, 2011

Sugar and spice and everything nice

Fifteen years ago today our family of three became a family of four. What I didn't know then was that little bundle wrapped in pink would bring so much joy and so much life and so much fun to our family, both immediate and extended.


Sean’s parents drove Amy’s birthday present up on Friday.  It’s a 1990 Pontiac Firebird, originally owned by Sean, who then sold it to his dad, who then loaned it to Sean’s cousins in Illinois. More on that on Wednesday.



She working this morning, but at noon we'll have a birthday celebration for her. Then she's off to driver's ed - only one more day and she'll have her permit so can drive her car!

Happy birthday, sweet girl! It's a privilege to be your mom. I love you lots!









6 comments:

  1. Wow -- FOUR drivers in your family?! Happy birthday to Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not just a car but a cool one with such wonderful family history! Awesome! Happy birthday to Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe my little Amy is 15! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did Michael miss out on the gift of the Firebird?!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina - I'm trying not to think about our upcoming insurance bill for four drivers...

    NftP - it does have quite the history!

    Sean - I'm with you. How'd you let this happen?

    Meg - Michael was offered the Firebird but he wanted a stick shift which the 'bird doesn't have. He's pretty happy with his Fiero, and honestly, I can't imagine him driving anything else. It fits him to a T

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post... Amy is awesome! :) So are you Christy... I can't wait to spend some good Duffy time coming up! Can I sleepover some Friday night soon? I need some Duffy time I think. And shaking feet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!