Monday, October 03, 2011

1,000's a big number!

Well, I really had planned to write something else for my 1,000th blog post, but I'm out of town and having serious computer problems with my laptop. Actually, right now, I'm sitting in our hotel lobby using their computer (a glorious Mac with the biggest screen you can imagine!) but it only allows you to sign in for 20 minutes at a time and I'm already down to 16min 18sec remaining and the countdown clock keeps ticking away...

Anyway - I cannot believe I've been blogging as long as I have. I recently read a study that said most blogs have a lifespan of two years. I'm at six years and counting, but if I judged my blog's lifespan by the first post, I'm pretty sure I would have only given me six months:

Well, my start in blogging has not gone smoothly. I just spent several long moments composing a rather eloquent (if I do say so) introduction, full of my intentions and thoughts and welcoming words to those who will read the blog. I then promptly deleted it when I thought I was spell-checking. Lovely.

So let's just forget the formality and dive in!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll join the conversation.

I so appreciate each of you who reads and comments. It thrills me to think I have then number of people checking out my blog each day that I do. I'm certainly a teeny tiny fish in a giant bloggy pond, but I'm pretty pleased to have the readers I do.

All indications are my connection/power problems will continue, so I will leave you with a few oldies but goodies for the rest of the week. And next week when I get back to normal, I'll be back to work on my next 1,000. 

Thanks for hanging in there with me!

2 comments:

  1. congrats! a wonderful milestone. a dependable, credible voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah! I'm simultaneously proud, impressed, and jealous.
    And grateful. Thanks for many, many great reads.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!