Monday, March 12, 2012

Break out the color

Michigan’s official state motto is, "If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you.” It really should be, “Michigan: where you can use the heat and A/C in the same day.” Last week, we had a day in the 50’s, followed by days of snow flurries. This weekend was again almost spring-like, which certainly puts me in the mood for warmer weather, and more importantly, capris.

I seriously love capri pants. My back-door neighbor in Atlanta once commented she’d never seen me in anything but capris. A bit of an exaggeration, but if I could, I would wear them year-round. Not possible, of course, now that I live where it snows, but in a perfect world the temperature would be between 68 – 72 and I would always wear capris.

I’ve never been one to wear brightly colored pants, but neon is in this year, so I’m thinking about giving something other than blue or khaki a try:


Maybe.

I’m also looking forward to wearing flats. I get so tired of not being able to wear cute shoes in the winter; we just finished our 7th (how is that possible?!) winter here and I have finally given up on wearing fun shoes in the snow. The salted sidewalks and parking lots ruin the shoes and my ankles get very, very cold. I have a newfound appreciation for socks. Warm socks. So spring and summer I break out the flats and this season I intend to wrap my toes in color.

(I would not wear those shoes with those pants, FYI.)

BlogHer is asking readers what trends they're looking forward to this season; join the conversation! And when you stop by, don't forget to enter to win a free Kindle Fire.



3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough for neon pants but I'd definitely wear the heck out of those flats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite Michigan tourism slogan is still: "Yes, Michigan! The feeling's forever." And I can sing it, if you'd like. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a cute pair of flats but I can't wait for flip flop weather :) It seems to be coming early this year.

    Melissa
    www.thecorkums.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!