Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The camper in the family

As has been well-established, I'm not much of a camper. To quote Jim Gaffigan, I'm indoorsy. I like being inside. I enjoy wifi. I like checking my email and Twitter. I love plugging in my computer, opening Word and writing away. And I love air conditioning.

This child, however, is proving to be outdoorsy:

She was overjoyed all weekend long. She loved each minute of the experience. She even loved sleeping in a tent, which she did two of the nights. Seeing how much fun she was having made me wonder if, perhaps, she was switched in the hospital as an infant and I got some crazy-camper-lover’s baby...

She loved the horseback riding:



She loved the meals:



She loved the night she slept in the RV:



She loved all of it.

I really am starting to wonder if she is my child.