Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The camper in the family

As has been well-established, I'm not much of a camper. To quote Jim Gaffigan, I'm indoorsy. I like being inside. I enjoy wifi. I like checking my email and Twitter. I love plugging in my computer, opening Word and writing away. And I love air conditioning.

This child, however, is proving to be outdoorsy:

She was overjoyed all weekend long. She loved each minute of the experience. She even loved sleeping in a tent, which she did two of the nights. Seeing how much fun she was having made me wonder if, perhaps, she was switched in the hospital as an infant and I got some crazy-camper-lover’s baby...

She loved the horseback riding:



She loved the meals:



She loved the night she slept in the RV:



She loved all of it.

I really am starting to wonder if she is my child. 





3 comments:

  1. ...Then she's going to LOVE Barakel! Ava is SoOoOoOo jazzed! They're both camp~lovers :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe she just takes after her dad? :)

    Or it could be what we have long suspected: We are convinced both our kids inherited some genes from ancestors long since dead. Like the gene that makes them love acting/performing on stage. You will never see me or Ivan willingly participating in anything like that. Yet our kids LOVE it. And since it's not something their grandparents like either... well, it must be traced farther back the old family tree.

    Curious. Very curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liza - she is SO excited for Barakel!

    Kim - her dad didn't love the entire camping experience, just the being outside part. At least that's what he told me!

    It is very curious indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!