Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Random Thoughts


  • Going to a restaurant on kids' night is not a good idea after dropping off your kid at college. Even four days after dropping off said child it is a perilious situation.
  • On a positive note, I didn't cry yesterday, despite being at McAlister's Deli last night on kids' night. Progress is being made, people. Progress.
  • But not enough progress - I have not let myself go in his room. I did throw some socks in there that were left behind, but I didn't linger.
  • I must admit I will enjoy not having to figure out which socks belong to Sean and which socks belong to Michael. That is a major bonus.
  • This is one of Michael's textbooks:
Sean is ready to enroll.
  • I am very proud of myself for not calling or texting him first. Amy texted him first. And the text was making fun of me. So the distance has not changed that part of their relationship.
  • How do I know she was making fun of me? Because she told me. 
  • Gotta love that girl. Love her or lock her in her room...


2 comments:

  1. Yep, baby steps :)

    I love that Michael has the same license plate on his dorm wall that Sean had on his! That's one cool family tradition.

    I'm not sure which is more angst-inducing, though: having a kid in college, or another new driver in the family. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my first car on the book cover!! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!