Thursday, September 05, 2013

Here we go again

Amy sent in her first college application yesterday. And this morning, she’s off to her last first day of high school.

I didn’t make it through either event without crying.

The second time was supposed to be easier, right? How many times did I hear stuff like: 
  • You won't cry as much with the second.
  • You'll get used to it.
  • Second time around will be a cakewalk.

How many people told me that?

Liars, all of them.

Pretty sure Rebecca is glad to have a few years before she experiences this cry-fest on her behalf.

"You can put pictures of me on the blog as long as the car's in there, too." Like father, like daughter.


Yes, Sean, she got the wipers going before she pulled away.


Another red Pontiac, pulling away for the last first day. 




1 comment:

  1. Ha. Yes, as I scrolled down I wondered why she didn't have the defroster or wipers on yet. You do know me. :)

    This made me sad, too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!