Monday, November 17, 2014

Time for the white stuff

It’s November. And I live in Michigan. Which means it’s time for my daily, “Peek through the curtains to see if it snowed.”

 According to The Old Farmer’s Almanac, we’ll have a winter with above-normal snowfall. And the real-time weather reports seem to bear this out. Right now, the forecast is for the first state-wide snow storm:
 



But I do my curtain-peek whether or not the forecast calls for snow because snow is sneaky. You never really know if it's coming, regardless of what the weatherman says. I gingerly pull back the curtain to see if I can see my driveway. If I see pavement, I breathe a deep sigh of relief. If I don’t, I get ready to shovel. Or at least I did, before we decided to hire a service dig us out.

That’s right: no more shoveling for me!

Some friends have a cleaning service for their homes. I now have one for my driveway. Which means the peek through the curtains will now just determine what type of shoes to wear instead of fill me with dread at the thought of snow-blowing.

And after nearly a decade of living with snow, I could not be happier.

My view this morning - no real snow worries yet...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!