Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Back from Egypt

We’ve spent the last two weeks eating, breathing and living Homeschool Performing Art’s production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Rebecca was in the cast, Sean was the orchestra conductor and as the production manager, I helped with lots of things behind the scenes.

These two weeks are always a highlight of our year. I never thought I’d get a chance to work with Sean on something artsy – I absolutely love to watch him direct the orchestra. He looks so alive. He absolutely loves it! And I adore being with Rebecca and watching her learn all those dances… that she and her fellow cast mates can remember those steps in the right order just amaze me. Plus they sing while the dance! Definitely a talent I do not possess.

The show was wonderful, the parents a pleasure to work with and the kids – the kids are amazing. Some people ask how I can handle working with over 100 teenagers. Well, if you knew these kids, you’d know they are, well, amazing. Some drive me nuts, (and any of them reading this will know exactly which ones I’m talking about!) but in a good way, of course. I love them all. Really – all of them.

Thankful for another great performance with HPA!

Rebecca with fellow go go dancers.

Me with a few of the Story Tellers - I loved that my outfit matched theirs.

Mr. Conductor - pictures were hard to get backstage. Instead of working from the pit, the orchestra was backstage. It was a new set up but Sean and his amazing team of musicians made it work.

Rebecca with Sean's parents, Amy and a few photo bombers.

The Pharaoh and his performers. Rebecca's fourth from the right. 

Amy sat with me for the final performance. It was the first time I'd watched an HPA show with her - she's always been in them!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!