Thursday, January 28, 2016

Spotlights

Today’s first spotlight is an organization I hope you never have to use: Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep (NILMDTS). This nonprofit gives the gift of professional portraits to parents suffering the loss of a baby. Volunteer photographers take pictures of the baby and parents at the hospital, then provide the family with professional quality portraits they can have to remember the baby they didn’t get to bring home.

The organization was started after the Cheryl Haggard’s son died shortly after his birth. Her friend and photographer, Sandy Puc’, came to the hospital to take pictures of Haggard with her son. This experience led Haggard and Puc’ to begin NILMDTS. Now, more than 1,700 photographers make their services available free of charge to parents facing their worst nightmares. And these pictures, according to Haggard, help her and other grieving parents remember the “beauty and blessings,” instead of the nightmare of that time.

I heard about this organization through one of their volunteer photographers, my dear friend Molly Noe. We met 10 years ago when both of our husbands were transferred to Lansing with GM. We became fast friends and even though they’ve now been transferred with GM again, I still consider her one of my favorite people and first Michigan friend.

In addition to being the area coordinator for NILMDTS, Molly has her own photography business, M. Noe Photography, and is incredibly talented! I’m partial to the ones of my girls, but scroll down to see some more of her work. (Check out the amazing maternity picture!) She does great senior sessions as well as maternity, new baby and family pictures. She even takes pet pictures, which I thought was pretty weird until last week… If you need pictures taken, she's your girl. 

Which reminds me, Molly, you game to take some college graduation pictures in April?






One of my favorite M. Noe Photography shots - Rebecca and 
Rascle! Molly is very patient with her subjects, even hamsters!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!