Friday, March 17, 2006

My Underwear is Green

I've never worn green on St. Patrick’s Day. It’s just not that big a deal to me. And I guess a bit of my personality hates the thought of doing something because everyone else is doing it. Whenever my mom would take me shopping she would inevitably say, “Oh, everyone’s wearing this!” That was the best way to guarantee I wouldn’t want it, whatever it was.

Anyway, I put on a pink shirt today and Amy was determined to pinch me. I let her get it out of her system. I think I’ll wear green next year just to avoid that. She has strong fingers.

For the past 13 years one reason I don't feel the need to wear green is because I married an Irishman. I figure that’s an automatic bye.

And each year on March 17 I take great joy in reading a magnet my mother-in-law gave me a few years ago. It says, “There is reason to believe that some people can marry an Irish person and still go on to lead a normal and productive life.” She and I are both trying!

1 comment:

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!