Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Something is wrong with this picture

As I was quickly perusing the headlines this morning I ran across a story about a woman who had her 18th child. Holy cow – I can’t jump on the trampoline and I’ve only had three children; I can’t imagine what could fall out of this lady if she took a bounce.

So I read the story then clicked on the picture to get a glimpse of the happy family. Oh my word… well, you look at the picture and see if you can tell why I’m so upset:


Yep, that’s right: the father looks his age (early 40’s) while the poor momma looks like death warmed over. There is no way that woman is 44 years old; she looks like the great-grandma holding that baby.

I appreciate their position, to let God provide life, but dude, if you’re not going to block any of your little swimmers the least you can do is get your wife some make-up, a hair cut and a new dress.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:33 AM

    I thought the same when I saw this picture!! Thanks for starting my day off with a laugh!!

    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely, she has a little head covering on, and her hair isn't as gray as I thought at first glance!

    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:40 PM

    The kids in the back must be standing on the other five siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chef - that was worth the wait!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:54 PM

    The others have started their own families already.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!