Thursday, August 28, 2008

I needed Molly and her camera...

Found the camera but was woefully disappointed in the results. The views were gorgeous but I failed to capture the majesty of the surrounding. Even so, here are a few of my better shots:

This is the view from Aunt Sue and Uncle Johnny's balcony. It looks out on the English Bay and you can see the tip of lush Stanley Park jutting out into the water in front of the mountains.









Our first day there Sue and Johnny took us to Kitsilano Beach where we grilled burgers and played on the rocks.

Rebecca took this interesting picture of the grill. She took over 150 pictures on her own digital camera and I think I can use about seven of them...










We also played a lot of volleyball!




















We rode a train from Vancouver to Whistler, site of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games. The views are amazing! I took these pictures from the train.


I think I mentioned Sue and Johnny live on the 10th floor - well, who could resist throwing something off the balcony?




I held the camera over the balcony railing to get this picture. It made me nauseous to look over. Those little heads are Michael, Rebecca and my Uncle Johnny, instigator of all fun.

That's all for now - it's 1:21 am and I need to go to bed even though my body clock thinks its only 10:21. I have to quit thinking like that... With the schedule we've been keeping we are going to be horribly unprepared to begin school next week!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:53 AM

    Welcome Home! With you back, maybe Sean can eat something besides pizza pockets! Your trip looked like it was loads of fun. Rebecca's pic of the grill is just great...it captures a piece of the summer we always enjoy...grilling out on the open flame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, don't do yourself an injustice over photo quality - pros use 1 out of 100 shots, y'know! These are good! I like the rushing water. The English Bay shot is fabulous, with the clouds, the town in shadow but still sharp, and the low sun just touching the highest points. The last shot looking down at the 3 figures from the balcony is totally cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no photography critique - you know my skill! :-)

    I'm just glad to see the fun.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mary!

    I hope he ate more than pizza pockets! I left good stuff for him!

    You're right - the grill picture is neat. Rebecca has an interesting eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nostalgic - I like English Bay picture, too. I guess what I was commenting on was the beauty I saw just didn't translate into my pictures, and I was very disappointed about that. I have some good video from the train and I'm hoping to upload that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jill!

    Glad to share the fun. Hope you're home because I'm about to call you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did much better than I could have -- you actually leaned over the balcony and took pictures. Wow!
    We have various Canadian friends, all from up that way and we would LOVE to visit some time. It is so gorgeous. And I thought your pictures quite nice!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!