Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I'm out of Kleenex

I applaud the efforts of the ribbon-wearers who are trying to raise money for all sorts of causes: red bows for AIDS, pink for breast cancer, purple for lupus, blue for colon cancer. But I think there should be a great big neon orange ribbon the size of New York City to raise money to cure the common cold.

Somewhere, somehow, I caught a cold. I’d just gotten over my last one a few days ago! Last night I was up a zillion times, coughing or blowing my nose. I was so thankful Sean was out of town; if he’d been there I know I would have added worrying I was waking him up to my list of nighttime activities. In between coughs and sneezes I did worry that the sweet family I was with last night might catch my cold. I hope not.

Rebecca and I have been trying to do her schoolwork on my bed this morning. I kept dozing in and out, so she finally gave up on me and went to practice her piano. If I stay sick she may become a great concert pianist.

Ugh.

7 comments:

  1. Maybe you should have eaten that apple at the orchard....you know an apple a day keeps the doctor away.... Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Traci, you are hysterical. HYSTERICAL!!! Okay, not really. But my nose is running so much that I need to find more Kleenex so I'll let you get away with it this time.

    (Thanks for the well wishes.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo hoo! We'll be praying you feel better quickly!
    Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:57 PM

    No new posts?.... Are you OK???? Must I send over the paramedics? Don't you know we count on you??? oh, sorry, That may have been a little self-serving. I digress. Can I help? Is Amy coming to the "burg" for her big game? Let me know if you are still under the weather and needing an assist - MG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, it was only one day! But it's nice to be missed. It took a day to dig out from under the mountain of mess that happened from me being in bed for 12 hours. Apparently my children don't know how to wash dishes, a problem that will soon be corrected, mark my words.

    Looking forward to seeing you in the "burg" tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christy:

    By the way...colon cancer is dark blue :) I never realized that all the cancers really do have their own colors...

    Love,
    T-Kettel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Traci,

    I shouldn't have put the colon cancer joke considering it's not much of a joke to your family these days. Sorry about that.

    Hope all's well.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!