Thursday, October 30, 2008

I haven’t posted since Tuesday night and quite honestly, I’m having a bit of awriter’s block. I thought about writing about ER’s final season but that felt so pedestrian. (Although I have to say I am absolutely thrilled to the core that Anthony Edwards – Dr. Greene – is coming back. Isn’t that amazing? They guys dies but here he comes, back from the great beyond. And I can’t wait. I haven’t even mentioned the return of Noah Wyle – Dr. Carter – now, that is something to get your bp up stat, let me tell you By the way, you like that medical jargon I just tossed around? I must say I have quite the limited, but impressive, medical vocabulary thanks to my weekly date with ER.)

I wanted to post about Amy’s volleyball team and I took some good video of both matches this week but I can’t figure out how to upload them. I just tried again and can’t get it to work. Argh. The whole point of buying a video camera that recorded to DVD’s instead of tape was so I could share the action but the only way I can figure out how to do that is make copies of my DVD and mail them out to everyone. I guess if you want a copy, let me know and I’ll ship one out to you.

And there’s the election. I have a glimmer of hope that McCain can pull this out and I’m so hopeful he will. Not because I’m wild about McCain or Palin but because I really don’t want Obama in the White House. He is already so far left of center that, given a Democratic-controlled Congress, well, I can’t even begin to think the havoc he could wreak.

My folks saw Wicked tonight in Atlanta. Sigh.


Dang it, I just tried the video thing again and still can’t get it to work. And am I still supposed to call it video when it’s on a DVD? I still call my CD’s tapes. I can’t imagine how long it will take to break the “video” habit.

It’s almost midnight and I will have a house full of pre-teens and teenagers and pre-pre-teens here tomorrow for trick or treating. I imagine after that I’ll have a near-endless supply of post topic options…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!