Tuesday, January 20, 2009

How much is too much?

I never in a million years thought posting a picture of my family having breakfast would lead to comments on our orange juice consumption. I realize I opened the door to the conversation by mentioning a few posts back that we ran out of oj; I did not imagine the picture would lead some to believe we consume the Florida fruit goodness in titanic proportions.

In our defense I present the following:

This picture clearly shows the glass we use for orange juice holds one cup of liquid. One cup! I hardly think this constitutes an immense quantity of oj.


This begs the question: how much orange juice do you drink?

I'll go first - I don't drink any.


(And before anyone notices the nail polish remover behind the measuring cup let me be the first to say, yes I see it there and no, I don't normally store it on my kitchen counter and yes, I need to put it away.)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:47 PM

    ooookkkkkkk. I could be wrong.... But isn't that a 2 cup measuring cup you're using there? (I can't believe I'm even going here...) I think your family's beverage intake is perfectly sufficient (read normal) according to FDA specifications... Is the juice made using any peanut butter products?! Isn't THAT the real question here? Was there any acetone that went into the making of "said" orange juice? The American public has a right to know!
    hahahaha
    MG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, MG, that is a two-cup measuring thing but the water only reaches the one-cup mark. Perhaps I should have used a colored liquid... like oj!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even on my low-carb diet i don't feel too guilty about swilling orange juice! When i drink it (tho that's not every day) i drink a big beer-mug full! Isn't OJ, like, a good thing to consume? I mean, of course without gin in it. Or acetone. 8~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, Ruth, that was funny!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!