Monday, January 12, 2009

Random Thoughts

I got a great email from a friend in reference to my Wii Mii post. Seems she’s a reluctant exerciser as well and wondered if we could encourage each other. I was already on board but I totally signed on when I read her last comment: “I'm definitely going to need some ongoing encouragement because I have zero motivation...unless it's covered in sour cream or cheese.” Now that is a girl after my own heart.

********************************************

Great church service on Sunday. Our pastor is amazing. Amazing. His sermon was from II Corinthians 13 and focused on verse 5: “Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves…” When the sermon audio is posted on the church website I’ll throw a link up. (I was going to write, “I’ll throw up a link” to avoid the dreaded preposition-at-the-end-of-a-sentence but I thought the prep. at the end was better than implying I was going to throw up. That just sounds gross.)

********************************************

After church today I got to talk with a guy who is an actual published author. I get a little star-struck when I’m around him because he’s doing what I want to do. Of course, when I read his stuff I know why he’s the one getting paid the big bucks and my Google AdSense account is at $5.99. Just a few more clicks will put me at the $6 mark! Come on; I know you can do it.

********************************************

It’s going to be a busy week. My mom flew in from Atlanta yesterday and my dad’s coming Tuesday. Michael and Amy are in a play, The Secret Garden, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights. My folks, Sean, Rebecca and I will go to Wednesday night’s show. My parents will fly home on Thursday and I’ll have about 18 hours to clean and do laundry before Sean’s parents fly up on Friday so they can see the final show. It’s crazy but we are thrilled all four grandparents will be able to see the play.

********************************************

There's still a lot of snow with more forecast to come. Also, the high on Thursday will be 10. Brrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!