Thursday, April 16, 2009

Week in Pictures

Dyeing eggs for Easter

After our Easter Sunday service we ate lunch with our neighbors Penny and Alex who'd come to church with us.

Look, Ma, I'm in a picture! (Of course, Amy looks less than thrilled, but that's the look she's going for these days apparently.)


My Mom sent Rebecca her own personal greenhouse. You'd better get up here before those little plants have to go in the yard, Mom!


Rebecca as her own bird creation (I've given up trying to figure out this little girl)


And a major first: Michael drives through a drive-thru!

Notice him looking back, taking Amy's order


Here he's telling the worker our order


And here he's telling me, "Put the camera away, Mom. It's just McDonald's, for crying out loud!" Aw, such a proud moment...

3 comments:

  1. The kids cannot yet imagine how they'll treasure these everyday-moment photos someday! Keep it up, and if they don't want 'em posted, just have them stored someplace!

    My niece is about to turn 13 and her mom, my SIL, was just here feeling down about her attitude. But it is a HARD age to be. You couldn't pay me enough to be that age again, i don't think, but Amy actually has a nice, calm smile in the picture - i don't see anything negative, it looks great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NftP - maybe I'm projecting from the pre-picture conversation...

    You're right; it is a hard age. Painful to go through and even more painful to watch someone you love go through it.

    As far as the kids not wanting the pictures posted - I do ask their permission. Inevitably we're going to mess them up, but I'd like to minimize the damage where possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures of my loved ones!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!