Friday, August 07, 2009

Friday Teenager Funnies

For parents of teenage girls everywhere:



Mother Nature is providential. She gives us twelve years to develop a love for our children before turning them into teenagers. ~William Galvin

Was sad to hear the news of John Hughes' death yesterday. His films (Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles) were staples of my teen years. Here's a clip from Pretty in Pink - who knew Hughes was so ahead of the IM/chatting curve?





Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. ~ 1 Timothy 4:12




Happy weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to make sure Ivan watches the first clip! LOL That was too funny.

    Watching the bit from Sixteen Candles makes me want to watch it again! I could use a sweet, feel good movie about right now. *sigh*

    P.S. I think it's pretty funny that my word verification is "press". I type in press and then press the button. Oh my, I think I've gotten up too early. I'm feeling silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, in re-reading my comment I realize it sounds like I want to watch the clip again. I want to watch the WHOLE MOVIE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always, *always* loved Andrew McCarty (sigh). . . guess I still do! ;-) Thanks for the flashback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim - I knew what you meant about watching it again. And yes, it does sound like you've gotten up too early!

    Tina - I agree about Andrew McCarthy. If you can watch that clip and not go a little weak in the knees you should check your pulse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chef Cookaloni10:29 AM

    For the record, I watched the Pretty in Pink clip and my knees and pulse are as strong as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These clips bring back memories. Ferris Bueller is absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We only live once so : HAVE AS MUCH FUN AS YOU CAN !!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!