Thursday, January 14, 2010

Friday Fun

The conference rooms at Sean's plant have some pretty ridiculous names like Individual Respect and Responsibility and Continuous Improvement - I am not making that up. He thought names like Camaro and Corvette and Skylark would have been better. Anyway, after all the recent turnover and changes I wonder if he'd approve these?



Thought this version of, "Good Day, Sunshine" was especially fun:



I finished Julia Child's memoir last night - I'm longing to go to Paris and see all the wonderful places she described. Wish I'd caught this PBS special (now there's something I never thought I'd say...):



I'd like to think she'd be amused by this skit but I'm not so sure... Save the liver!



Happy weekend, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. I, too, have read both the books that inspired the Julie and Julia movie. LOVED Julia Child's book and am looking forward to obtaining a copy of her cookbooks (which I've never had). She was an amazing woman.

    Like you, I was dismayed when I actually read Julie Powell's blog. That part of the Julie and Julia movie was much funnier than the book version.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine - I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who found Powell's blog less than lovely. I'm interested in getting Child's cookbooks, too, but am not sure I'm up to that culinary challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!