Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Random Thoughts

My friend, Du, is working at Chick-fil-A this summer. I am happy for him. And very, very jealous that he can have CFA nuggets and cole slaw whenever he wants.

Wish I could remember whose blog I stole this from:


I absolutely love this and know it will make many, many appearances on my blog, especially with camping season upon us.

My friend, Kathy, (who loves to camp, which I don't hold against her) just told me they aren't moving to North Carolina.  Yay!  So glad I'll still get to see her when I go South.

Speaking of going South, we have no plans to head that way any time soon.  Which makes me a tad sad.  Hopefully we'll get a visit scheduled for the fall. 

In the song, “No Good Deed,” from the musical Wicked, Elphaba belts out Fiyero’s name. When Michael first got his Fiero I would sing that part of the song anytime he talked about his car. I’ve stopped now. But I think about it each and every time he mentions his hot rod.


I am still bothered by the song, “Prima Donna” from The Phantom of the Opera. There were seven people on stage all singing different lyrics all at the same time. I wanted to scream, “It’s hard enough to understand y’all when you insist on singing every cotton pickin’ word, but when you all sing different words at the same time it’s completely impossible. Please, I beg of you, one at a time!”

Homeschool Performing Arts (HPA) will announce its 2010-2011 season in late July. I cannot wait to find out what show we’ll be performing in Lansing this year.

I’m thankful HPA won’t be performing Phantom.

My neice Megan is coming tomorrow!  I cannot wait, and I'm very thankful my sister is (finally!) letting Megan fly up here all by herself.  Now if I can just convince Jill that her boys will be fine on a plane by themselves...


 I’m reading a marriage book with this cover art:



 which I feel may have been a mistake; it looks like the happy couple has bored themselves to death.

My new blogger friend Alyssa completed her first half-marathon this weekend. You go, Alyssa! She ran for over two and a half hours. I cannot even imagine…

7 comments:

  1. I heart CFA-yum, yum! I miss sweet tea from the south. That book cover cracks me up. Thanks for the shout out!!! I'm going to try to run today...I just hope I remember how!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the random thoughts! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chef Cookaloni10:03 AM

    I agree. Camping is lame. Backpacking, however, is not camping and is totally cool (yes, this statement is based on a coherent and consistent philosophy). In fact, we are going backpacking later this month. Care to join us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha the Fiyero one made me laugh :) I do things like that all the time to my family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Fiero/Fiyero story!

    I'm such a princess when it comes to camping that we have a 5th-wheel outfitted with lots of fun stuff. Kinda not camping, I guess, but there it is.

    How far away are you from Michigan State? I occasionally have to go there on business . . .

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alyssa - did you remember how to run or did your body revolt? :-)

    Traci - thanks!

    Chef - you're going to be so sorry you wrote that...

    Stephanie - singing is good but I really should keep it to myself. I can't exactly sing on pitch.

    Catherine - maybe I could camp if I did it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did remember how to run! I'm started my new training this past week. I'm doing some more cross-training this time around instead of running...EVERY day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!