Wednesday, September 15, 2010

That's too early for volleyball (or anything else!)

Amy is playing volleyball this year. And this may be her last year playing volleyball, because I just got word that the tournament this Saturday starts at 8 am. And it’s an hour away. And she has to be there for warm-ups at 7:30. Which means we have to leave by 6:30. Which means I have to get up earlier than that.

Y’all, sports are supposed to be fun. There is nothing fun about getting up before the sun on a Saturday, the first Saturday Sean’s had off in three weeks. The Saturday we were supposed to celebrate 18 years of wedded bliss. The only day I had open on my calendar for sleeping in this entire month, which, you may have guessed, is a big pickin’ deal to this night owl.

Hrumph.

So if you’re looking for me on Saturday, I’ll be the one with a diet Coke in one hand and a line judge flag in the other. And if I mess up any calls I am so blaming the organizers of the tournament. You want an alert line judge? Hold the dadgum tourney at noon!

I know, I know, do everything without complaining.  Man, our theme song is really coming back to bite me.


_

2 comments:

  1. Bummer. I've always found I dread getting up that early but once I'm up then its not so bad...remind me of that though the night before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MHWTV - okay, I know you're right. I just hope I can remember that when my alarm goes off Saturday morning...

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!