Monday, November 08, 2010

Rebecca the Mouse

Y'all, if ever there was a weekend where I needed that extra hour of sleep it was this past weekend. We spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday enjoying a visit from my parents, Sean’s parents and Sean’s aunt – they came to watch Rebecca perform in HPA Kids! production of Disney’s Aristocats.  Rebecca was Roquefort the Mouse and I have to say she was fabulous.  Yes, I know, I’m the mom, but I am telling you, she was great!  She asked me not to watch any of the rehearsals so the actual performance would be a surprise.  Boy, was it.  Her first appearance on stage came at the end of the kittens’ song Scales and Arpeggios.  She belted out an unbelievable high note and owned that stage.  She got laughs from the crowd and you could tell she absolutely loved being a part of the cast.

It was great for the youngest to get a chance to shine.  And it was great for her older siblings to support her in something that was all hers.  Goodness knows she’s been drug all over creation going to their stuff for a decade.

Several friends from church and Sean’s work came to see her – Rebecca felt so loved!  Thanks to everyone who came, especially our family who traveled from Georgia and Pennsylvania to watch Rebecca.  A good time was had by all. 


Rebecca and the cast for the curtain call.



9 comments:

  1. Amity9:06 AM

    She was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! We love live theater. Let us know when the next production is, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amity - so fun to see y'all there. And thanks for supporting my mom opinion!

    Terri - Brigadoon, April 7 -9 at The Charlotte Performing Arts Center. Amy's a lass and Michael's the bartender. Plus, Sean will be directing the orchestra. We'd love to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter did steal the show! She was the cutest, clearest and easiest to understand actor on the stage! I was and am thoroughly impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca's high note was my favorite part of the show! she was absolutely amazing! and adorable as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dad was very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would've gone to see her if I was local. What a sweet comment by Sean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca was amazing! She was the cutest one up there in my opinion, and definitely the easiest to hear :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for all your kind words - they've meant a lot to me, but even more to Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!