Saturday, February 12, 2011

2 Friends Tour Wrap Up

So, did I mention I went to a concert on Thursday?


Seriously, it was so fun to see Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith on stage together again.  They played all their old songs with their fantastic bands.  And honey, it was LOUD!  Quite honestly, I don't know how all those old people could stand it. 


And when I say old, I mean old at heart.  No one, save five people in the front row and three about ten rows up from us, wanted to stand up during the songs.  How is that possible?  I am 40, but when I hear that music I am magically transported back to the Unguarded concert.  Where we stood up from the moment she took the stage to the end of the encore.  We didn't sit down.  I really, really wish they would offer a Stand Up option when they sell tickets...

Despite the fact that people sat down to Fight and Secret Ambition (again, I ask how is that possible?), it was a great show.  For those wondering if I needed the handkerchief Sean brought: No. Well, yes, but I didn't want to get mascara on it. I only cried twice - the first time when they played Stay for Awhile and the second during Saved by Love. SbL was amazing.  Completely moved me to tears, since my life has become Laura's. (Don't know the lyrics?  Scroll down.)

So my week of completely self-indulgent blog posts has come to an end.  Thanks for bearing with me. Please, please, please, if you can go to one of these shows, go.  And take me with you.




(I took this from our seats - the view was better live. Not much, but better. Note to self: buy the expensive tickets next time!)




Saved by Love
Laura loves her little family
She's the kind of woman
Who loves them with her life
But sometimes in the evening
When the world rests on her shoulders
With four walls closing in
She'll close her eyes

It's not like she misses being younger
Though she never was in Vogue magazine or on T.V.
But her husband loves her dearly
And morning shows her clearly
Kiss her little baby girl
Laura, she's the queen of the world

Can't imagine ever leaving now
Now that she's been saved by love,
Saved by love, saved by love,
Listen to her quiet heart singing loud
Larua, she's been saved by love,
Saved by love, saved by love
I know that she's been saved by love,
Saved by love, saved by love
Saved by love

There's nothing quite like my family's love to warm me
Nothing short of death's gonna ever leave me cold
Still at times it's lonely
But through it all it only
Makes me love Jesus more
This is what he came here for

I can't imagine ever leaving now
Now that I've been saved by love,
Saved by love, saved by love,
He's gone and turned my crazy world back around
And I've been saved by love,
Saved by love, saved by love
I know that I've been saved by love,
Saved by love, saved by love
Saved by love

Oh I'm never leaving now
Now that I've been saved by love,
Saved by love, saved by love,
He's gone and turned my crazy world back around
And I've been saved by love,
Saved by love, saved by love
Amy, she's been saved by love,
Saved by love, saved by love
Saved by love

I'm saved by love,
That's right,
There's nothing I can say
Nothing I can do
Nothing I can say
We're all just saved by love
Nothing you can say
Nothing you can do
Only love can say
Only love can do 

7 comments:

  1. Still praying for a miracle to see them in Nashville. Thanks for the report. Was the set list the same as you expected? What was the most unexpected thing they did or said?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine just went to this concert in Peoria last night! I would LOVE to see them! Glad you had fun and got to go:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark - I hope so much you get to see them. The set list was 90% accurate; no Straight Ahead or Father's Eyes. They closed with Put a Little Love in Your Heart, which was interesting. Something that surprised me: they both started crying when they sang How to Say Goodbye (from MWS' Stand album). Both had to stop to regroup. It was a very raw moment; I was glad I got to be a part of it. Seriously, Mark, you have to go. I should come go with you! Now that would bring back some memories!

    Cathy - thanks, friend. I can't believe they're not going to be in the Atlanta area. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you enjoyed it! So. . .how far is Holland?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:29 PM

    Hi, Christy! I am friends with Heather & David in Greenville, SC and a HUGE Amy G fan like you and your sister! Heather told me about your blog and I so enjoyed reading it...brought back so many memories!

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy! Glad my sister was able to point you my way. Always happy to have a fellow fan chime in! Go see her if you can!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not exactly appropo to your post, but seems to fit together (at least in my mind): http://www.incourage.me/2011/02/love-songs-wooed-me-to-jesus.html

    Miss you, my friend! I'd have been standing (and probably jumping up and down) right beside you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!