Wednesday, February 23, 2011

#3 hits #11

Sweet baby Rebecca

I honestly don’t know how this happened, but my baby turns 11 today.  Just yesterday I was bringing her home from the hospital and today she’s 11?  Seriously, how does this happen? You know those old people who always say, “Time flies!”?  I think I’m turning into one of those old folks, because I find myself saying that all the time.

I only have seven more school years with Rebecca at home.  Seven years… We’ve lived in Michigan almost six years and those years have flown by. Seven will be like a blink of the eye.  I’m tearing up just thinking about my baby going to college!

Thankfully, that is still a few years away.  For today, we’ll celebrate with cupcakes and talk about the wonderful day she joined our family.  We wouldn’t be the same without her!

Happy birthday, Rebecca!



At Rebecca's first birthday party.


The fam at Fripp Island


This weekend at Potter Park Zoo. We went so she could see the owls - she's crazy about owls since reading Kathryn Lasky's books, The Guardians of Ga'Hoole. Rebecca highly recommends the series!






3 comments:

  1. Christy, even though mine are WAY younger than yours it does amaze me how fast time really does fly....it's really sad in a way....so you ever get over mourning over the loss of the infant/toddler years???

    What a beautiful family you have....you are blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 11th birthday, Rebecca!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Rebecca! Looks like a fun 11 years!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!