Wednesday, February 16, 2011

40's supposed to be the new 30, right?

I want to think that just because I turned 40 my body is not falling apart.  It, however, disagrees.

I don't know what I did, but my back is killing me. Started Saturday morning; I could feel something was off, but it wasn't horribly painful. Okay Sunday. Okay Monday. But on Tuesday it got progressively worse and by 11 pm I could barely move.  A friend who was here for our church's small group gave me an ice pack (thanks Keith!) and that helped some, but when the chill was gone, the pain was back.

Last year about this time I had some back pain, but that happened when I was "training" for the 5K. When you say, "Yeah, I pulled a muscle working out," it sounds pretty cool.  When you say, "Yeah, I have no idea what happened, but I can't even lean down to lift the lid of the toilet," it sounds pretty lame.

The only reason I tell you this is to explain why the exhilarating post I'd planned is going to have to wait because I cannot sit in this chair any longer.  Enjoy this Brian Regan clip instead.  And boy, do I totally understand where he's coming from.