Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Not as bad as some feared...

But bad enough for me!  And bad enough to give Sean his first-ever snow day.  Lansing got 11 inches and all the schools are closed.  Even Michigan State University cancelled classes today, and that's only happened four other times in the history of the school.  So even by Michigan standards, this is a lot of snow.

Here's a shot of our front entrance.  The three steps leading up to our door are under there somewhere:




I took this hoping to show the snow pouring out of the sky this morning - you can't really see the snow falling but you can certainly see what's already fallen (and you can see my Chick-fil-A cow on the counter!):


The snow isn't the only problem - the wind is whipping around like crazy. This is a shot of our back deck this morning.  Notice there's not as much snow on the table as there was yesterday, due to the wild wind:


I have never been so glad we finally bought that snow blower!

7 comments:

  1. Yay snow day for Sean! :) Have fun, be safe and yay Chik-Fil-A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth - he's enjoying his snow day!

    Chef - what is this? You trying to get me in trouble with the Cows? First Amy Grant, now CFA... have you no mercy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank your lucky stars. My folks in central Illinois got TWO FEET of snow, -4 this morning (supposed ot be -9 tomorrow) and it's still blowing. My dad says he's never seen this much snow in his life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina - oh my word. I am very thankful we only got 11 inches compared to that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm .. i thought the cow looked like he was saying "Hey! there's no water in his hot tub."

    And you can see the snow fall if you zoom the photo! Pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NftP - your comment made me laugh out loud! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is crazy! Much worst than we got here, it was all this hype for nothing. However, for the first time in 6 years, we closed early and opened late. Of course, I have to make up hours or take vacation-boo!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!