Monday, March 14, 2011

Should have known better

A while back, Michael went through a phase where he put various objects in the light fixture in our entryway. Winnie the Pooh and different articles of clothing would simply appear. But after a while, nothing. I was sure it was the calm before the storm - I figured he'd put a in bunch of Matchbox cars or his collection of car magazines. But nothing happened. Quite honestly, I was surprised when I stopped seeing stuffed animals and pajama bottoms in the light; every once in a while I’d come out of my room just sure I’d see something left there by my very tall oldest.  But for over 18 months, nothing. I figured he'd passed on that phase. It was a fun little game that I was sad to see go. I suppose if it had caused a fire it wouldn't have been all that fun... but no fire, so still fun.

Turns out he only moved on from the light fixture phase.  Last week I noticed he chose the mantle for his new "hiding" place:



This is our family room.  Notice anything out of place? Let's get a closer look...



Ah, yes, it's our purple puppet hippo, perched on a paper towel roll. How about a side view?


Yep, it's Mr. Purple Puppet Hippo

I can only imagine what's next.




7 comments:

  1. HA!
    Reminds me of a group of gals I used to hang around with from high school days. We'd get together at a beach house once a year and the largest gal in our group, who was quite a trickster, would inevitable get her bra stolen and it would be found in awkward places, usually the freezer, but once it was blowing in the breeze on a flagpole outside for the world to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda - if I wake up one morning and find my bras anywhere but my dresser drawer I'm blaming you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly won't be stealing your bras. Don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine - he is hilarious...

    Michael - good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha! I saw this on Monday and I was like "...hmmm."

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!