Friday, May 17, 2013

Laughter heals

Sean and I had the opportunity to see Carol Burnett this week. She showed some of her favorite clips of her show and took questions from the audience. One man wanted to thank her for bringing laughter to their family after his daughter died in 1975. He said her variety show was appointment television for his family and they looked forward to an hour each Saturday night when they knew they’d get to laugh. Carol was genuinely touched and teared up – I bawled my eyes out.

In response to that comment, she said laughter heals. She is so right. Hope you’ll take a few minutes to laugh today.

One of the clips Carol Burnett showed on Wednesday night: 



I laughed out loud at this one. Right out loud:


For Amy:


And in honor of the closing of The Office - we'll all need some ice cream to get over the loss:


Happy weekend!





1 comment:

  1. Ha! Thanks for some laughs today. Gotta love "Friday Funnies." I laughed out loud multiple times, too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!