Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top Post of the Year

Many, many heartfelt thanks for those of you who read my blog. Your comments, both on the blog, Facebook and in person mean the world to me. I'm a writer, and I'd write even if no one read a word, but knowing there are people who enjoy what I write is pretty stinkin' sweet. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
__________________________________

I. Am. The. Mom. was the most-read post on my blog this year. That it took on a life of its own surprised me. That it was shared over 250,000 times and picked up by sources like The Blaze, The Washington Times, The IJReview, and One News Now blew me away. That it landed me on Fox and Friends, The Lars Larson Show and Glenn Beck's TV show shocked me beyond belief.

The whole episode taught me a ton about media. Some media outlets care to get the story correct while others simply rush to take advantage of what's hot at the moment. Many kudos to The Blaze writer Jason Howerton. He actually called to interview me - he was the only one in print media who did. Many internet "journalists" got the story completely wrong, and even when I (foolishly) attempted to correct their errors, I was ignored.

Perhaps the most hysterical (in the truest sense of the word) reaction happened on the website Jezebel. I have been called a lot of names in my lifetime (you try growing up with the last name Peters) but nothing prepared me for what those readers said. That post was when Sean said, "No more reading comments for you!"

This text from my friend Kim is one of my favorite pictures that came from the whole episode:

This one's a close second:








Several posts related to our visit to the doctor's office were also incredibly popular:
It was quite the ride. Thanks for taking it with me!

Happy New Year!
Christy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!