Tuesday, February 23, 2016

You're how old? Seriously?

(Taking a quick break from my parenting posts to be a proud parent.)

The day a Duffy turns 16, she gets her driver’s license. As soon as I post this, I’m heading to the Secretary of State’s office to once again be a participant in the Duffy tradition of a new 16-year-old getting a license. Because today is Duffy #3’s birthday.

Happy birthday, Rebecca! 
I am keenly aware that while this is my third time participating in this ritual, it is also my last. I am a little teary (I know – you’re all shocked) about the idea that all of my babies are old enough to drive. Do not even talk to me about the fact that we’re going on a college visit for Rebecca two weeks from today…

But I need milk and OJ and I now have a third driver again. Hooray! How I love sending third drivers to the grocery store!

If you’re so inclined, you can join me in praying for Rebecca and all the new drivers out there who are getting the hang of driving solo. And perhaps you can pray for the parents, who now are equal parts thrilled and scared that their babies are running errands.

Happiest of days to you, sweet Rebecca! We are all so thankful that you’re a Duffy!
She jokingly said she now has the same hair as the day she was born!

Click here for some other great pictures that I posted last year. And don't blink, parents! Don't. Blink.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!