Monday, January 31, 2011

Random Thoughts

Apparently there’s a massive snow storm heading our way.  I am choosing to ignore the weatherman and stick my head in the five inches we already have.

I don’t make a habit of watching award shows, but I was curious to see if The King’s Speech would win anything at last night’s SAG Awards.  We tuned in just in time to see Natalie Portman win for Best Actress in a Film.  She thanked the Screen Actors union for looking after her and making sure she got her education.  Michael said, “Are you too stupid to get your own education?”  My heart was filled with pride…

This week is insanely busy. Which means I know people.  Which makes me thankful.

It is only January and I am already dreaming of summer break.  I don’t think I looked forward to summer this much when I was a student.  As a homeschool mom, I think about it all the time.  All. The. Time.

Rebecca just asked me how to spell parliament.  I spelled it wrong.  She corrected me with a sweet, “I think you’re missing an ‘a,’ Mom.”  

Did I mention I’m dreaming of summer break?

I have ten teenagers in my house right now taking math lessons from our math tutor.  She teaches three different classes: Algebra I, Algebra II and Pre-Calc.  I am very, very thankful for Mrs. Campeau. 

Five of the students are sitting behind me right now, giving me weather updates.  They are very, very hopeful we’ll get dumped on tonight.  They do not understand my lack of enthusiasm.

Michael takes the ACT next weekend.  One step closer to college.  Definitely not ready for that.

The King’s Speech did win for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture – yay!  Colin Firth also won for best actor.  Definitely deserved.

This blog post is late today because I actually cleaned the house and made tonight’s dinner before working on my blog.  Sean will be shocked.

By, “cleaned the house,” I do not mean, “cleaned the bathroom.”  If I cleaned the bathroom, Sean would have a heart attack.  Can’t risk losing him.





8 comments:

  1. We're supposed to be getting the snow too. I'm ignoring until I see it afterall I still have to come to work regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU.CRACK.ME.UP. :) love random thoughts!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally one of the ten teenagers :) I feel so privileged to be mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If snow's coming it's time to go buy bread and milk. I am from Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post (specifically cleaning thoughts) made me laugh out loud in the middle of Starbucks. Thanks! :) I enjoy this blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had some classes with Natalie Portman at Harvard! She was also a psychology major. Did she mean thanks that she was able to work her filming schedule around classes and such? She is definitely far from stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine - my son wasn't commenting on Ms. Portman's intelligence as much as questioning her need for a union to help her. She thanked her parents later in the speech - I'm sure they were more help than the union.

    Thanks for reading and commenting!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  8. MHWTV - how much snow did y'all get?
    Traci - :-)
    Stephanie - I need to write a post about how much I love Mondays! Y'all are the best!
    Sean - I got the bread and milk; we're covered!
    Elizabeth Joy - so happy I can make you laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!